Webelos Scouts that earn the Heritages Belt Loop while
a Webelos Scout
also satisfy requirement 12 for the Family Member Activity Badge.
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Talk with members of your family about your family heritage: its history, traditions, and culture.
- Make a poster that shows the origins of your ancestors. Share it with your den or other group.
- Draw a family tree showing members of your family for three generations.
Earn the Heritages belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack heritage celebration in which Cub Scouts give presentations about their family heritage.
- Attend a family reunion.
- With your parent's or adult partner's permission, find and correspond with a pen pal from another country. Find out how his or her heritage is different from yours.
- Learn 20 words in a language other than your native language.
- Interview a grandparent or other family elder about what it was like when he or she was growing up.
- Work with a parent or adult partner to organize family photographs in a photo album.
- Visit a genealogy library and talk with the librarian about how to trace family records. Variation: Access a genealogy Web site and learn how to use it to find out information about ancestors.
- Make an article of clothing, a toy, or a tool that your ancestors used. Show it to your den.
- Help your parent or adult partner prepare one of your family's traditional food dishes.
- Learn about the origin of your first, middle, or last name. Tell your den or an adult family member about what you learned.
|Worksheets for use in working on these requirements:||Word Format||PDF Format|